L1P Principles and Gender: Insights from Côte d’Ivoire
Report Summary: Some aspects of the payments system in Côte d’Ivoire are L1P compliant (e.g., real-time push-transfers in the form of mobile money) but others are not (e.g., a lack of interoperability). This research explores the costs, frictions, and benefits generated by the non-L1P compliant components and L1P compliant components. Within this we were careful to probe for differences between how men and women experienced these effects.
In-Country Interview Video: Could KYC and ID checks benefit women when it comes to DFS?
Looking for more on Level One Project gender impacts?
- Read the blog for more context
- Read about Gender Equality
- Read the Payment Systems Design Report
- Read the Insights from Kenya Report
- Read the Quantitative Study Report